Advocates for Language Learning is a volunteer organization that supports and fundraises for the benefit of the bilingual education of students in Saddleback Valley Unified School District’s award-winning Dual Language Immersion Program—also known as the Spanish Immersion Program. Parents of students enrolled in the Immersion Program are automatically members of A.L.L.
The funds raised by A.L.L. provide valuable resources for each immersion student in grades K-12, ensuring the greatest educational advantages as bilingual citizens in two of the world’s top three languages.
Your child directly benefits from A.L.L’s fundraising efforts in several ways:
- Spanish library books for all three schools
- Cultural field trips
- Senior Recognition Celebration
- Recognition pins and cords for 6th, 8th and 12th grade promotions.
- Special family events, including Dia de los Muertos.
- DELE Exam costs for high school students (Regular Cost is $200 per student, with ALL support is $100 per student). This exam is the official accreditation of the degree of fluency of the Spanish language, issued and recognized by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Spain.
For more information about A.L.L., email email@example.com.
2021-2022 A.L.L. Executive Board
Bethany Ayala, President
Leigh Hansen, Vice President of Operations
Bobbie Cunningham, Vice President of Ways & Means
Dylan Drake, Secretary
Ira Pulverman, Treasurer
Babiana Andrade-Marin, Gates Representative
Monica Diaz, Los Alisos Representative
Michelle Mendoza, LHHS Representative
Board Positions still available: Fundraising Event Chairman, Pledge Drive Chairman and T-Shirt Sales Chairman.
About SVUSD’s Dual Language Immersion Program (Spanish and English)
Established in 1991, the Spanish language immersion program in Saddleback Valley Unified School District develops oral fluency and literacy in two languages, Spanish and English. The program is located on the campuses of the following SVUSD schools:
This unique and successful program is recognized by the International Spanish Academy (ISA) and the California Association for Bilingual Education (CABE). Unlike other immersion programs, SVUSD immersion students receive Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language—a degree recognized by the Ministry of Education and the Consulate of Spain!
To request more information about the program, complete this Interest Form.